Sunday, July 5, 2009

Excellent Bowl

If you looked into the meat and potatoes type meal, you'd find hundreds of ethnic variations. I decided I'd make my own. It was kind of a bizzaro Shepard's Pie. On the bottom is mashed potatoes with garlic and cheese with peas mashed into them. Then I diced up some onion and cooked it with this ground beef style tofu I had. I put all the potatoes into the bowl and then hollowed out a little space for the meat and onion and then topped it with tonkatsu sauce. I was gonna use steak sauce but I figured the tonkatsu would give it an interesting fruity kick. It was an excellent combo. Definitely filling. After one bowl I felt like I couldn't move. Exactly what I needed on one of my nights off.

3 comments:

  1. that's a great idea. i've been trying to figure out what to do with the "ground beef" tofu i've got!

    yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I hope you are watching your cholesterol.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, It's potatoes and tofu.

    Love,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete