Friday, December 24, 2010

Pasta!

Since the last of my frozen summer tomato sauce was used up, I haven't eaten a lot of pasta. I don't typically cook or eat pasta all that often, to Adam's dismay, but if I don't have any sauce or when I'm not in the mood for red, I use garlic, olive oil and throw in some tuna. I had no tuna and only clove of garlic, which is always kind of sad and you always wonder how you let that happen.

Anyway, I rehydrated a few sun-dried tomatoes tomatoes in hot water while the pasta started cooking. I sauteed the lone garlic clove, some shallots and sun-dried tomatoes with olive oil and threw in the pasta when it was done, along with some of its water.


I added a tiny bit of butter to thicken it up and topped it with breadcrumbs and freshly grated parmigiano reggiano. I eat cheese even more infrequently than I eat pasta, but a good wedge of parm is worth every single penny.


Happy holidays from my pasta plate to yours.

4 comments:

  1. nice! i had a similar empty-fridge pasta sauce situation last night: frozen shrimp, kale (a mix of leftover and what came with my secret santa edible arrangement -- i don't even like fruit), week-old agrodolce, a little chicken stock, olive oil, and thin spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be crazy. clementines are god's gift to mankind. oh jeez. YUM.

    ReplyDelete