Monday, October 5, 2009

Who's Your Frydaddy?

Because I've been called out, I will tell you all about the time I was woken up to a wonderful text message. Being that it was my day off, the time was 8pm. As per the message, it was time to deep fry something. I had recently acquired an electric deep fryer via the internets and my housemates decided to christen it. Here are their stories.Above, Blake batters some chicken. These babies were amazing. Below is the chicken strips sitting on a rack draining. They were first floured, then egged, then floured, then egged, then floured. Wonderful crispiness.Those bitches look gooooood, right? Well they were. I also wasn't satisfied with just christening on chicken so I pulled some other stuff out of the kitchen to fry. It didn't all make it in. Below are the oreos and pickles prefry.The oreos didn't make it, what did hit the cut were the pickles and some fries. Below are the fried pickles, french fries, and the final table layout before dinner.As you can see we baked up some biscuits and threw down some excellent beers. By the end nobody was sure whom would have the first coronary. Excellent bathroom time was had. The fryer is still holding the extra oil for later use when we can finally throw down on those oreos. All are invited.

2 comments: