Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family Dinner


When you can't eat steak, tofu steak. Yup, that's right. Tofu steak. I was shitting around with John and told him that I would take care of the sides and he could make the steak. Being that we're communally vegetarian in this house, tofu steak. He let the tofu marinate in steak sauce and then coated them in flower and seasonings and fried them up with onions and mushrooms. At the end I pulled them out and threw some wine in with the veggies and reduced for a sauce. I also made some mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese and garlic. While the potatoes were boiling I threw my new bamboo steamer on the top as a lid and put broccoli in the bottom and spinach in the top. Just a little al dente for those real veggie lovers.

Here's everything all ready to go. We called Kyler in and sat down for a home cooked family dinner. It was excellent. Here's a picture of the boys sitting down to chow.

The pictures were all rushed because I totally forgot to charge my camera! Anyway it was an excellent departure from the foreign one panners that we all usually try to throw together. And there were leftovers!

2 comments: