Wednesday, January 20, 2010

how do I work this thing


Okay, so uh my cousin V invited me to join this after I posted a picture of my Thanksgiving dinner on my LiveJournal but I don't really know what I'm doing or whether this post is appropriate for this blog or anything. In short, oh god how did this get here I am not good with computers.

Here is a good meal, photographed shittily.
It's shallot-garlic sautéed asparagus and whole wheat spaghetti (we were out of fettuccine, which by the way oh my God it has two "c"s? no wonder Bookworm doesn't think it was a word, dammit I was so pissed about that) with pumpkin alfredo sauce. The recipe called for evaporated milk (?) but we were out so I cobbled together something from it and the alfredo recipe from Joy of Cooking and it turned out pretty good, if a little less rich than I might have wanted because I didn't want to use a cup of heavy cream and settled for a mix of milk and half and half instead. Certainly better than it looks in the picture, which turned all orange for some reason and that certainly doesn't help with the contrast when half of your dish is orange in the first place.

Did I do it right?

4 comments:

  1. Oh there's the photography tutorial that no one bothered to link me to when they invited me to post here, how about that

    ReplyDelete
  2. more specifically, i invited you because of the roasted butternut squash in which you put the juices INSIDE the bowl of the squash. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete